About the SHLA Journal Club
A Saskatchewan health libraries journal club was first proposed in October 2013 at an SHLA annual meeting. The first journal club meeting was held on August 11, 2014. In June of 2017, the club was officially endorsed by SHLA.
The club is an informal place to discuss and problem solve around the common experience in health science libraries, and to inspire new ideas and collaborations within and among our respective organizations. As well, the club is a great way to earn Continuing Education (CE) credits. Each 30 minute meeting earns participants a .5 CE credit through CHLA.
For past articles featured at journal club and supporting documention, visit https://libjournalclub.wordpress.com/
What to expect at a Meeting:
- A reading and questions will be provided at least one week prior to the meeting
- A facilitator will introduce the article and lead the discussion – various tools may be used in guiding discussion [e.g. critical appraisal tool]
Ways to participate:
- Recommend articles or topics to discuss
- Lead a session
- Participate in the discussion
- Groups of two or more individuals meet regularly to discuss and/or evaluate recent articles
- Critical appraisal tools may be used as appropriate
For more information, or to receive invitations to the monthly meeting, contact Lance Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org